Who we are
Our website address is: http://market.theoffices.net.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
How we protect your data
What data breach procedures we have in place
What third parties we receive data from
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
Effective on: (12/31/2019)
Protecting your privacy. Improving your shopping experience. Your trust is very important to us.
Vitacost knows that you value your personal information, and we protect your privacy as if it were our own. Vitacost’s uses of your information are limited to the ways outlined in this notice, except as required by law and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our website.
Why We Collect Your Information?
Below are examples of how data we collect, use, and share helps us create a better, safer experience on our website.
- Providing products and services that enhancing your shopping experience with us
- Developing new products and services to meet your needs
- Better understanding your use of our products, services and websites
- Determining your satisfaction with our programs and services
- Handling customer service cases
- Analyzing the performance of our products, services, and retail experiences and looking for ways to make them better
- Sending relevant information and personalized ads and other communications, including ways to save on items you buy most often or that you might like based on your past behavior
- Providing personalized content and experiences on our websites, mobile apps and mail
- Displaying personalized offers, information and ads from Vitacost or our marketing partners (as defined in “How We Share Your Information”) on other websites and mobile apps
- Sending product recall notifications to help keep you and your family safe
- Responding to your comments, requests, questions, and applications for career opportunities
- Processing payments securely
- Fulfilling orders correctly
- Safeguarding the property or other rights of our customers, associates and the company
- Legal compliance for purchase of certain products or where otherwise required by law
Learn More About How We Use Information We Collect
We use the categories of personal information described in “What kind of information about me does Vitacost collect” to support the following use cases:
- Providing product or service functionality that you have requested
- To send marketing communications such as product discounts and personalized promotions and special offers
- To communicate with you about orders, purchases, returns, services, accounts, programs, contests and sweepstakes
- Responding to communications you send us
- Assisting you with customer service requests and inquiries
- Development and distribution of new products and services like mobile applications
- Completing e-commerce transactions
- Delivering advertisements and promotions to you after you have visited our website, used one of our mobile applications, or otherwise engaged with us online
- Targeting advertisements for Vitacost products, services, promotions, and other business activities you may be interested in
- Developing statistics on engagement with our online properties and measuring how well our marketing and promotional activities perform
- Identifying and preventing fraud or identity theft
- Maintain appropriate records for internal administrative and other business purposes
- Facilitate the functionality of our websites and mobile applications
- Provide notice of product recalls
- At times Vitacost may provide third parties with certain personal information to provide or improve our products and services, including to deliver products at your request, or to help Vitacost market to consumers. When we do, we require those third parties to handle it in accordance with relevant laws. Personal information will never be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes. For example, when you order online, you select a shipping service and you authorize Vitacost to exchange the information you provide during the order process to carry out the requested services (Such as Fedex).
- Other purposes as described to you at the time
What kind of information about me does Vitacost collect?
Here are the categories of personal information we may collect from you or about you:
- Unique Personal Identifiers that may include but are not limited to your legal name or preferred alias, online identifiers like user account names, state and federal government ID number (where required), and your signature
- Demographic information like your level of education, type of employment, information about your health, information about insurance coverage you might carry, or other demographic information shared with us through third parties, such as social media or publicly available sources
- Contact Information such as your email or postal address and phone number
- Financial and payment Information like your bank account, credit and debit card numbers and your credit history
- Behavioral Information such as your purchase and transaction histories, geolocation data IP Address collected from your computers and mobile devices, and information about what you do online, including your interactions with our social media posts
- Inferences we make about you like demographic interest segment that we believe are relevant to you and your household based on analysis of other information we have collected
- Call center recordings or monitoring records from our customer contact centers
- Other types of personal information that we may disclose to you prior to the point of first collection
Order information you give us: If you place an online order, our secure order form requests contact, billing, and financial information (such as your credit card numbers for purchases). Contact information from the order form (email address, name, billing and shipping address, and phone number) is used to send orders and information about our company to you.
Examples of Information We Collect
- Your name
- Your billing and delivery address
- Your e-mail address
- Your phone (or mobile) number
- An Encrypted version of your credit/debit card number
- An Encrypted version of your password
- Communication and preferences
- Information on how you are using the Sites
- Your purchase/return/exchange information
We Collect Information When
- You purchase, order, return, exchange or request information about our products and services from the Sites or mobile applications.
- You create a Vitacost.com account.
- You connect with us regarding customer service via our customer service center, or on social media platforms.
- You visit the Sites or participate in interactive features of the Sites or mobile applications.
- You use a social media service, for example, our Blog, Facebook page or YouTube channel.
- You sign up for e-mails, mobile messages, or social media notifications from us.
- You enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to one of our surveys, or participate in a focus group.
- You provide us with comments, suggestions, or other input.
- You interact with Vitacost.com through your computer, tablet or mobile device
Account information: If you choose to create a Vitacost account, your login information is stored with any other information you associate with your account.
Sources of Personal Information
We collect some information when you visit websites or use our mobile apps, or when you use our online services or view our online advertisements. The information we may collect falls into three different main categories: (1) information you give us; (2) information we collect from you automatically; and (3) information we collect from other sources. These other sources may be service providers, data brokers, consumer research firms, publicly available sources, or other third parties with whom you interact or do business. For example, when you connect to one of our websites or mobile apps through a third party, we may collect information from their website. For example, if you choose to associate your social media identity with Vitacost, the site may provide us with certain information from your social media account as permitted by your account settings
Associating Personal Information from Multiple Sources
We may collect personal information and link it to other information we already know about you. For example, we may associate your online shopping activity with when you engage with our websites or mobile apps. Additionally, when you are logged in to our websites or use our mobile apps, we may link the device IDs or types to your account to understand your online activity. This includes pages you visit on our websites, items you add to your online shopping list, coupons you may redeem from us, and purchase information.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Other Technologies
When you visit our websites, access our mobile apps or open one of our emails, we may automatically collect information about you using tracking technologies, including:
- Internet Protocol address
- Unique device or user ID
- System and browser type
- Referring website address
- Content and pages you access on our websites or mobile apps
- Dates, times and locations when actions take place
We use this technology for system administration and troubleshooting, to identify you so we can enhance your online experience, and to deliver targeted advertising. Our sites do not respond to browser Do-Not-Track signals. These cookies are often collected by or otherwise shared with service providers as well as third party advertising partners, as described further in our Advertising section below.
Our websites are for a general audience and are not geared toward children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 without prior consent of a parent or guardian. If you believe your child may have disclosed personally identifiable information to us, please call (1-800-381-0759) and we will remove it.
How does Vitacost share this information?
We share the information we collect within Vitacost and also with our parent company, affiliates, service providers, marketing partners, and other third parties.
We may share data with third parties for the following business purposes:
- Order processing and customer service: After placing an online order, your contact information including your email address will be used to get in touch with you should we have questions regarding your order or should we need to notify you of the status of your order. Your credit card information is transmitted securely to our third party processing provider in compliance with Payment Card Industry standards. You will automatically be registered to receive our email newsletter, which you are able to opt out of at any time by accessing your user account, following the unsubscribe link found in the email newsletter, or sending an email to email@example.com with the word UNSUBSCRIBE followed by your email address in the subject of the email (example: UNSUBSCRIBE firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Within Vitacost and with our Affiliates: We may share your information within our company and our subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purposes of decision making, reporting, management, analysis, administer programs, promote service offerings and other business purposes.
- Service Providers: We may share your information with our service providers who provide us support services such as hosting our websites, postal delivery and electronic mail, mobile messages, product and service delivery, conducting analysis to improve our products, websites and store experiences, fulfilling orders you place, manage payments and answer your questions. Service providers only use the information they receive from us for the purposes we hired them for, we don’t allow them to retain, use, or otherwise handle the data for their own purposes.
- Marketing Partners: We may share your information to display online, mobile or other advertising based on your purchases, activity on websites and mobile apps, and preferences you share with us so we can provide you with promotions and special offers that may interest you. We may also share information with marketing partners to help us analyze data, sometimes combined with other sources, so that we can send more relevant communications to you.
- Third Party Sites and Services: We may share your information to develop and provide special services or offers that may interest you. We may also share your information where you intentionally interact with a third party, such as where you click on a link to a third-party website, product or service from a Vitacost websites, products, applications, or services. We may also help you establish your own direct relationship with another party. For example, when you place an order, you authorize Vitacost to exchange the information you provide during the order process to carry out that service. In these cases, we may help you transfer some of your information needed for that service, just so you don’t need to manually retype it. In these cases, we will continue to meet all your privacy rights with the data we hold, but you now also have a new direct privacy rights relationship between you and that third party. When we share with third parties, we require those third parties to handle the information in accordance with relevant laws. Personal information will never be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes. We may also share your information in an aggregated way that does not directly identify you but can be used for statistical analysis and other business purposes.
Your password and login information are never shared. But it is your responsibility to select a strong password, not reuse or share your password, and alert us if you have any concerns about unauthorized use of your account.
What information can I access or modify?
If you are a registered customer, you may log into your account and view or modify the account information on file, including personally identifiable information, recent orders, payment settings, shopping lists, and Set & Save settings. via your Account Preferences.
How does Vitacost protect your information?
We implement and maintain reasonable security practices and procedures appropriate to the nature of the information we maintain, including appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures to prevent loss, misuse or alteration of your information. We also comply with payment card industry data security standards for the processing of credit and debit card transactions.
We encourage you to use complex passwords and to change them regularly. While we use both passwords and usernames to protect information online, we also take reasonable steps to protect your information offline. Only Associates who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to our customers’ data. Associates who violate customer privacy safeguards are subject to disciplinary action, including termination.
Retention and Deletion of Personal Information
We store personal information we’ve collected from or about you:
- Where you have created an account on our website or one of our mobile applications, for as long as you maintain your account
- As long as required by law, or as needed to enable us to exercise our rights and perform our obligations under our applicable terms of service, including this privacy notice.
- Long enough to enable us to contact you with recalls and other safety related information that relates to products you have bought from us.
While we are confident ordering online is safe and secure, if for any reason you cannot access the secure server or feel uncomfortable ordering online, please feel free to place your order with us by phone at 1-800-381-0759. As a general practice, it is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. If using a shared computer, be sure to log out of your account prior to leaving the computer.
Can I opt-out?
Email and Promotional:
At any time you can adjust your communication preferences, including opting out of promotional mailings, from within your Vitacost account. You also have the right to disable your account. To do so, you may call or email Customer Service.
Interest-based advertising (sometimes called “online behavioral advertising”) uses information collected from your online behavior across multiple websites that you visit, or across multiple devices you may use, in order to predict your preferences and show you ads that are most likely to be of interest to you. In an effort to provide you with relevant content and offers that may be useful to you, we may partner with third-party companies to display content, offers or advertising that is tailored to your interests based on how you browse and shop online and in our stores. These third-party companies use information and technologies such as browser type, hardware or software information, cookies, session ID, time or date, click-stream information or static IP addresses. We may provide your personal information to third-party companies that display purchase-based or interest-based ads. In addition, others (advertisers and ad networks, ad serving companies, or other service providers) may infer user interests or purchase history based on interactions with, or clicks on, personalized ads or content. You can learn more about interest-based advertising, and navigate to options that will allow you to exercise your rights to opt-out of online behavioral advertising, by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative’s Learn More Page or the Digital Advertising Alliance.
The Adobe Marketing Cloud Device Co-op: Vitacost participates in the The Adobe Marketing Cloud Device Co-op to better understand how you use our website and apps across the various devices you use, and to deliver tailored promotions. Learn more about how Adobe does this.
Please allow a reasonable amount of time for any changes to take effect.
Your Rights and Choices
Nevada Privacy Rights
If you live in Nevada, you can opt out of the sale of your personal information by contacting us. Our customer contact center personnel will take your request and keep you up to date on the progress of your request.
California Privacy Rights
California defines personal information as information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
If you live in California, you have some additional rights with respect to certain Personal Information we collect about you. This includes:
- Learn about the categories of personal information we have collected from or about you in the past 12 months
- Get a copy of personal information that we have collected from or about you no more than twice every 12 months
- Learn about the kinds of third party service providers we hire to help with internal business functions
- Obtain the categories of personal information that we may have sold or otherwise shared in the past 12 months
- Learn about the categories of third parties we may have sold your personal information to
- Request that your Personal Information be removed from our systems
- Opt out from our sales of personal information
- Lodge complaints about the way we handle your personal information
You can make requests to receive copies of Personal Information and to have Personal Information deleted on behalf of members of your household by submitting requests on their behalf along with written authorization from each member of your household.
You can also submit requests through an agent (like a membership organization you belong to, your attorney, or someone else you trust) that you have authorized in writing to act on your behalf. To do so you’ll need to either execute a power of attorney with them to act on your behalf or give your agent your written authorization to do so.
Either way, we will need to verify your identity if you want copies of your personal information, to know about what categories of personal information we collect and sell, or have your personal information deleted. We will ask you to provide several data points to match against the information we have in our systems so that we can be sure that we are revealing potentially sensitive information about the things that you buy in our stores only to people who are entitled to receive it.
If you’re making requests on behalf of your household, we will also need to verify the identities of each member of your household.
In order to exercise these rights, contact us through one of the methods described in “Contacting Our Privacy Program”. Requests are generally free of charge, and we will generally process your request within 45 days unless we have a specific reason for an extension of time. If for any reason we cannot fulfil your request in whole or in part, we will also let you know.
Sales of Personal Information
Vitacost is committed to delivering great products, great experiences and great value. From time to time, we leverage your data to understand the most relevant product recommendations, and deliver marketing messages and personalized offers. Under California law, some of these efforts may be considered a “sale” of personal information to those analytics and advertising partners that help us match your interests with brands who want to send promotions that we believe save you money on products you buy frequently, and help you discover new products that you might like. When we work with these companies, your privacy, data integrity and security remain a priority. Our normal practice is to have contractual limits on their future use of your personal information and only provide the minimum data necessary to accomplish the personalization task and deliver a better experience and value to you as our customer. We also facilitate your right to opt out of this data sharing. In order to exercise the right to opt out of sale, click on our Do Not Sell link below, or contact us through one of the methods described in “Contacting Our Privacy Program” section below.
Contacting Our Privacy Program
Our customer contact centers are ready to take your requests. If you have any questions, privacy requests, or complaints about how we collect, use, share, or otherwise handle your personal information you can reach us by telephone at 1-800-381-0759 or click here to exercise your privacy rights.
EU and Swiss CUSTOMER PRIVACY (GDPR)
- Vitacost.com is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
- In cases of onward transfer to third parties of data of EU or Swiss individuals received pursuant to the EU-US Privacy Shield or the Swiss-US Privacy Shield, Vitacost.com is potentially liable.
- Any information you provide us is controlled and processed by Vitacost.com, Inc., 4700 Exchange Court Suite 200, Boca Raton, FL 33431, USA.
- Pursuant to the EU-US Privacy Shield and the US-Swiss Privacy Shield, Vitacost.com acknowledges that EU and Swiss individuals have the right to access the personal information that we maintain about them. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data, should contact us directly using one of the following methods:
- Send an e-mail to CustomerSupport@vitacost.com
- Call our Customer Care line at 1-800-381-0759
- Write us at Vitacost.com, Attention: Customer Support
- 4700 Exchange Court Suite 200, Boca Raton, FL 33431, USA
- We will provide an individual opt-out choice before we share their data with third parties other than our agents, or before we use it for a purpose other than which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized. To limit the use and disclosure of your personal information, you may submit a written request to CustomerSupport@vitacost.com
- Note that we may be required to share personal data of EU and Swiss individuals in response to lawful requests by public authorities including to meet national security and law enforcement requirements.
- Send an e-mail to CustomerSupport@vitacost.com
- Call our Customer Care line at 1-800-381-0759
- Write us at Vitacost.com, Attention: Customer Support
- 4700 Exchange Court Suite 200, Boca Raton, FL 33431, USA
- We have further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Principles to BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States and operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit http://www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers/ for more information and to file a complaint.
- Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel.